be careful as you click away at page after page- these words are fragile and hurt and pain, presented to you with the hopes that you can catch the glimpses of my heart behind them. and if you look closer, inside of you too.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pale

i.

he told her
to Leave him,

lonely,

breathing in
the fumes of
a toxic bond.

rising up
around him,
like the
memories from
Smoke.

swallowing her up,
in its light grasp.

she had called
him.

she had needed
him.

he watched in horror
as she
fell to the

ground.

ii.

he's burning up,
in the sun

sweltering with
Guilt and Promise.

his mind is on fire.

iii.

'leave me' she whispers
-he obeys.

'come to me'
-he adheres

'wait for me' she wails,
-he complies.

'touch me'
-he whimpers.

iv.

and she's gone, always

gone.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful prose with an honest hurt in each line. I like it. It's raw but not in a sloppy disorganized way. I think the writer's soul is raw and it comes out amazingly. Well done. :-)

    -StevenClapp

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line of feedback please :)