be careful as you click away at page after page- these words are fragile and hurt and pain, presented to you with the hopes that you can catch the glimpses of my heart behind them. and if you look closer, inside of you too.

Monday, April 29, 2013

oceans of me

sometimes i think i chase perfection.

all the while the world is falling to pieces around me, but
somehow this is my cracked up version of beauty.

i'm lost at sea, reaching for an anchor that isn't there.

all the while the universe is moving on without me, and
there's no possible way i can catch up.

i fall in 'love' so many times in a single week,

all the while the ones i need are drifting farther away than
ever. and they're never coming back.

sometimes, i think i need to get a grip.

all the while life is slipping from my hands, and i watch
as it walks away.

and i wonder why no one ever stays.

1 comment:

  1. Deep words written purely. I feel your hurt and have been there. I like your style and honesty. You don't hold back. It's sad but good. I hope you find someone who stays and won't drift. And as a romantic...there's nothing wrong in falling each week. :-)

    -StevenClapp

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line of feedback please :)