be careful as you click away at page after page- these words are fragile and hurt and pain, presented to you with the hopes that you can catch the glimpses of my heart behind them. and if you look closer, inside of you too.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

impact - f l i g h t

whenever i look at you, everything i want to say
runs into oceans of things i want to say and things
that i'll never say, and eventually-- they're all the same.

talking to you is like choking on air as the walls close in around me,
and i can't breathe 'cause even just your presence in this room
makes me want to fall apart and fall together all at the same time.

i stare, and i stare and i keep looking until i think
that you've caught me, and i finally feel that little
flicker of hope, building up in my chest like a bird
trapped in a suffocating cage, trying to claw its way
out of my ribs and into your heart.

but you don't look my way and a little part of me sinks back
into her dejection, trying to figure out how to deal with this
blatant rejection of friendship and closeness and someone to
talk to.

if i don't take the leap you never will, but you have to-
all of my attempts are just more time that i have to kill.

i know it isn't true but when i look at you, you're the
life and I'm just a passenger taking a peek into the
true light that resides within, inside.

and even though we don't talk like old friends who haven't
spoken in a while, or new friends bursting with useless things
to say, or lovers that grew old and argue every day....

i see you.

and when you look back with that distant look in your eyes,
it's like you're a stranger I'm only seeing for the first time
in my life, and i know nothing about you so i have to observe.

every time you look away you become another person for me
to learn from.

and i know that you'll never look me directly in the eyes,
because you're scared and paranoid, under a stare
from a girl who doesn't matter.

but that's your disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line of feedback please :)